This is my morning detox water I make to keep me hydrated!
Keeping hydrated is my #1 focus post weight loss surgery. Now that I’m not taking in much food and can’t take large gulps of water at a time I am constantly sipping on water to keep my fluids up. Pre surgery, I could easily consume 5 litres of water a day and preferred it over any other fluid. Post surgery water takes on a new taste which isn’t so appealing so I’ve tested different temperatures and tastes to see what worked the best and that I enjoyed and this combo was one of my favourites!
I add three main ingredients – lemon, cucumber and mint. Sometimes I also add ginger depending on how I’m feeling.
- Lemon is great for the morning and throughout the day. It is high in Vitamin C which is an antioxidant. Just one cup of lemon juice gives you almost 200% of your daily requirements! Getting enough vitamin C from your lemon water aids in digestion and detoxification. Along with that it keeps the body producing collagen, essential in keeping us youthful!
- Cucumber is a great addition for rehydration and has some great inflammatory properties. One cucumber contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B-6, and Vitamin C, as well as Magnesium and Calcium. With all these added minerals, how can you not want them in your drink? By drinking cucumber water you will get the benefits of this potassium plus the benefits of staying hydrated which together will help keep your blood pressure in check.
- Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar. It also helps settle your stomach (think peppermint tea before bedtime) and keeps your breath nice and fresh!
HELLO HYDRATION 💦 I wake up every morning to this jug of goodness 😍 Keeping hydrated is my #1 focus post weight loss surgery. Now that I’m not taking in much food and can’t take large gulps of water at a time I am CONSTANTLY sipping on water to keep my fluids up. I love adding ingredients with added health benefits and make this water the night before, pop it in the fridge and leave to drink the next day! 💖 It’s made up of the following: 💧 1.5 litres of spring or filtered water 🥒 1/2 cucumber sliced 🍋 1 lemon sliced 🌱 A large handful of mint leaves (around 10 mint leaves) from our herb garden! So incredibly simple and easy! Sometimes I spice it up with some freshly sliced ginger or lime 🙌🏽🌟 I aim to drink the whole pitcher by the end of the day!
My Daily Detox Water
Recipe created by Ari Eats
Makes 1.5 litres
Prep time: 10
Total time: 40
- 1.5 litres of mineral or filtered water
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 10 mint leaves
- 6-10 small ice cubes
- In a large pitcher (around 2 litres) add in your ice-cubes.
- Follow this by slicing your cucumber and lemon into thin rounds. Rip the mint leaves from the stalk. Add these to your pitcher.
- Top with mineral or filtered water and stir to combine.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours but ideally overnight.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
If You Try This Recipe Out, Don’t Forget To #Arieats So I Can See Your Recreation!