Who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast?
This blog is a paid for advertorial in collaboration with Hubbards NZ
Hubbards just turned 25 and in celebration of their birthday released New Zealand’s “Perfect Muesli” – Double Toasted Dark Choc & Raspberry. For those of you who follow me on Facebook you would have heard about Hubbards “My Perfect Muesli” competition where you could create your own Hubbards Muesli mixer customising the muesli to perfectly fit your tastes by choosing from a range of different elements of the muesli including the base of the oats, the nuts and the fruit included. Over 5,418 muesli lovers entered (including me!) and the most popular elements chosen by New Zealand were included in the winning muesli which was picked by winner Courtney who also got to have her name on the box – how cool?! You can see Courtney’s trying her winning muesli for the first time over on Hubbard’s Facebook page here.
Chocolate & Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Recipe created by Ari Eats
Makes 1 bowl serve
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 tablespoons coconut cream or nut milk
- 3 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 tbsp honey or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 strawberries, halved
- 5 almonds
- 1 tablespoons freeze dried raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup Hubbards Dark Choc & Raspberry Muesli
- Add the cacao powder, frozen banana and cream/milk to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse to a crumble. Scrape down the sides add the mixture to the centre when needed. Continue to pulse until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
- Add the mixture to a bowl sprinkle across the muesli and top with strawberries, sliced banana, freeze dried raspberries and almonds.
- If you don’t have a high speed blender you may need to add more liquid for the process to be easier or you can let your banana defrost at room temperature for 10 minutes prior. Please note that this will affect the consistency and the mixture and it may be more softer/runnier than intended.
- If the Hubbards Birthday Muesli isn’t avaliable for you, you can use your favourite muesli instead!